Monday, December 10, 2012

No time to dream today!

Perhaps no energy to dream today would be a better way of putting it. As I wonder when and how I lost dreams over the years, I think energy and time both play an important part.

When the majority of my time is devoted to getting things done, daydreaming cannot be allowed. Stay on target! If I am at least somewhat functional, I have to push and hurry to complete tasks before my body decides to go on strike again. Getting through the moment is all I can concentrate on and often I will pay dearly for it later.

Which leads to the energy issue. After doing as much as I can, and sometimes more than I should, exhaustion sets in. I think my body is so focused on rest and recovery that it refuses access to dreams during sleep. If this is the case, I do not mind it so much since I like to think it is repairing some damage to prevent more short circuits in the wiring.

Also, I do still have dreams when I sleep sometimes. Some have argued that I always dream and simply do not remember, I honestly can't debate that without research and sleep studies but my dreams, or memories of them, have significantly changed in recent years.

I'm not sure if I can do anything about dream quality during sleep, but I will be working to balance time and energy better.

No comments:

Post a Comment